About CEMETERY OUTREACH Child Sponsorship
Since we first began telling the story of the East Java cemetery, people have often asked what they can do to help the women and children living there. Our first two years in the cemetery moved slowly and were rich in relationship and discovery. With each visit, we learned more about life there, but mostly we fell in love. What began as a flurry of compassion, has grown into a beautiful exchange of love and life. Since opening the community centers on cemetery grounds, they have been bustling with children; they come to play and to learn, but mostly to experience love. They are beautiful. They are resilient. They are hurting. We are encountering children suffering the effects of extreme poverty, domestic abuse, learning disabilities, lack of medical and dental access, neglect, low self-esteem, and the list goes on. Our hope is that every child entering our care will leave convinced that he/she is the most important person on this big blue planet—because each one of them is.
So how can we help? We can start by sponsoring a child. Supporting the children of this community is the most important task we have taken on in this ministry. Their generation can be the one that breaks free from the tyranny of poverty and creates a new future for themselves, their families, and their community. We are being invited into something significant; something that will change not just their present realities, but the very course of their lives. As always, this work is going to take all of us.
$45 PROVIDES the opportunity for a child to be understood personally, allowing for his/her unique needs to be met.
Two distinct expressions of sponsorship depending on the age of the child:
1. School-age sponsorships: The focus of these sponsorships would be on the academic career of a child and other items that factor into a fully engaged academic experience. These children receive school tuition, uniform, transportation to and from school, caseworker, family support, health care and nutrition, opportunities to discover and develop specific interests and gifting.
2. Pre-school age sponsorships: This gives us a chance to look at the years ahead and provide support for a child to successfully enter school on schedule.
requirements for child sponsorship:
1. Give Monthly: Sign up as a monthly donor giving $45/month
2. Read the Child's Blog: Once you sign up as a sponsor, we will send you a packet of information along with an emailed password and link to read the sponsored child’s blog. Each blog includes photos and a report on academic progress, social, emotional, and physical health.
3. Send Letters: A few times a year, we will reach out to you with an opportunity to write a letter or send a gift to the child who you sponsor. Instructions will be sent via email from our Child Sponsorship Coordinator. This is not required, but will help foster a relationship with the sponsored child.
4. Pray: Your prayers for this precious child are powerful and make a real difference. Prayer is a key piece in your journey with them as they learn and grow.
I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CHILD SPONSORSHIP
If you would like more information about how to sponsor a child, or what a child sponsorship commitment looks like, please fill out the form and we will get back to you as promptly as possible.